
It took about 30 hours but I made it via Granada a Barcelona a Atlanta a Salt Lake City a Ogden a Hurricane a St. George. The reunion with Quinn was quite joyous. My mom later asked him if there was music playing in the background and he said he could have sworn there was! Adjusting to home is never hard... I've gained about 10 pounds catching up on normal food again, but I do miss the excitement of the go, go, go lifestyle I lived for 32 days. I also miss mis amigos nuevos! There were some great people on the trip and I can't wait for the reunion. I will remember Spain for some terrific beaches, good friends, crazy adventures, no sleep, and a little bit of espanol mixed in here and there. Still, I can't believe that at 27 I had the oportunidad to study abroad. It was an amazing time. In so many ways I feel that I didn't begin to live life until after I got married.In other news: The garden is crazy huge! Can you believe we have fully grown orange pumpkins before July 4th? It must be the heat... 112 degree days are killing a few tomatoes and yellow squash and I think we are loosing our melons... but it has been a good run for gardening th
is year and I am busy making homemade salsa and marinara sauces. Today I'm
going to shred and freeze zucchini for no carb pasta this winter and later I'll be attempting homemade chocolate zucchini cake with frosting.Quinn has been quite busy with work. These last two months have been some of the busiest I remember. Two new guys started this week so it will help ease the load and Quinn has had a rejuvination of sorts. He is always happy and positive and has really been going the extra mile, spring in his step and all sorts. I hope I don't jinx things by being home again. My home time vacation won't last too long however, I report to Washington County School District on August 2nd and from then on it will be like sending a lamb to the slaughter. I should be preparing lesson plans now but I figure my first year teaching is going to be horrible anyway so why suffer now?
6 comments:
Que bueno que has vuelto de Espana. Quizimos que pasara por nuestra casa cuando llegaste a SLC, pero tendra que venir en otra oportunidad muy pronto. El jardin es muy grande y sueno de vez en cuando de estos zuccinis y tomates. Ya hemos cocinado dos tortas de zuccini y chocolate con frosting y fueron las dos muy sabrosas. Tenemos la receita si la quieres. En otros noticios voy a hacer un triathalon este sabado, o mejor dicho, voy a hacer una parte de un triathalon (the bike leg) con nuestro barrio. Nos oranizamos en grupos y hemos estado entrenando por algunos meses ya. Solo espero que yo pueda terminar y todavia estar vivo. Bueno, espero que disfrutes a St. George porque la estranamos muchisimo. Nos sentimos un poquito solos aqui (yo mas que Ashley) y quizieramos regresar cada semana pero no podemos. !Quidate!
Mateo
ok, so maybe I should read over my comments before I post them. Man there were a lot of mistakes in that last one... oops!
Thanks for visiting the Blog. You are such a good blogger! I Love the pictures you post. So August 2nd in the first day of the rest of you life huh? You might as well LIVE IT UP now. Have a fun summer! Stay Cool. If you're really bored come spend a few days with us. It's still kinda hot but as much as St. George.
See ya!
Hey Nicole! How's it going, I read up on your blog a little, seems like a crazy summer...and hey, what's wrong with Nick Ence's little family...mowing the yard and such...with little kids and capri-wearing wife? :) Come check us out at www.erikalovelandphotography.blogspot.com
Nice garden, I keep wanting one too, now that we finally finished putting in your backyard and landscaping, I can focus on that next! See ya, Erika
Hey Nicole, I didn't know you had a blog, I found you on erika lovelands blog, I was looking at her beautiful pictures. Fun, I will have to add you on mine now!!
Update your blog!! Just kidding. I know you're busy but come on.
Anita
Post a Comment