
I would like to take this oportunidad to thank all of those who make comments on this blog... you know who you are. It is these people who take advantage of technology that make my interneto momentos bien y mucho divertido! Tambien, gracias to mi madre whose first words when I told her I was thinking of going to Africa were 1) Yeah! and 2) Do you need to borrow money. Also, muchas gracias a mi esposo guapo por su coreos de electronico. Soy muy enemorado con Quinn y quiero mucho tiempo con su cuando volvo a mi estado en dos semanas. Quinn es al major hombre simpatica en el mundo. Soy muy suerte por que Quinn es intelligente y alto. Anyway, things are plugging along in old Espana. Now that I´ve been to Africa I just might be able to survive the last two weeks in Spain. Morocco was absolutely amazing. From crossing the Straight of Gilbralter, to weaving in and out of the Medinas with police escorts, to riding camels.... Africa will always be known as my favorito parte de Espana!!! I will write more about the Amazing Race edition of my Morocco trip tomorrow but in the meantime here are a few pics of Almunecar (above) and my school (below). Almunecar is a bonita white village that lines the cliffs along the mediterranean. The water is crystal clear and the beaches there are small pebble playas. My school is spread out over Granada (which means pomogranat en espanol) and my building is El Centre de Lengua Moderna by the Plaza Nueva. It is tucked away in a stone alley you would never guess houses an educational mecca. I have made some great friends and it is a new experience to be in Europe as a student. The networking when you study abroad is amazing. The best tours or tips or hidden cities are strictly passed along word-of-mouth and people become instant friends. I´m particularly fond of the fact that no one can believe I am 27! Most the time I feel like I´m a kid playing dress up only backwords. In other terms, I am a grown up playing kid! This trip has only solidified my pure intentions to never EVER grow up. At least I am confident in saying I can still hang with the 21 year-olds and have a blast. Today we booked tickets to the Alhambra (on the list of the new modern wonders of the world contest). All I can say about the Alhambra is thank heavens for the Muslim strong hold that lasted until 1492 or I would be starving!!! Spainish cuisine is no picnic... it´s not even solid! I´ve discovered Kepbab cafe´s (a muslim wrap pictured below) which have been my comida salvation. Also of note are the churros con chocolate! More on that later. In the mean time, it´s mas tarea por este chica! Audios.


PS: I´ve started a community picture website for everyone I meet in Spain. Some are starting to post so if you want to see pics of the adventures in the land of TOROS check it out: www.espana.shutterfly.com
1 comment:
Nicole
You are awesome! I can't believe you're living my dream. It's fun to see all the amazing things you are doing!
What an adventure! Live it up.
Adios
Post a Comment