Sunday, February 03, 2013

Down "To" Abbey

Am I the only one still dramatically upset about Downton Abbey?

...Or as Annie calls it, Down "To" Abbey.

"Are you sad Mom?" she asks sympathetically   After a week I may have shed a tear tonight... again.  ARG!  I need to be uplifted PBS!  And with only 2 gripping and completely addicting episodes left this season, I might finally have to break out my BBC mini series reserve.  Land Girls is next.

Two emotions tonight.  Actually more, but I can only spare time for two:
  • I'm totally irremediably in love with my girls.  Can't get enough... and I don't nearly get enough, which is why amid Pandora's box of feelings (trepidation, sadness, fear, excitement...), it was the right thing to do to quit my job.  I keep telling myself it's okay to let Q take care of the providing... but, you know... all that. 


  Dear Q- I think his sweat, and probably blood, covers every square inch of our property.  Would you believe we are rounding the corner into the final preparations to FINALLY get that back yard done!  We even needed to come to a decision about the play house this week.  PLAY HOUSE!  Something fun to discuss and figure out instead of leaky roofs and valves.  Speaking of roofs- that's done too!  And the gates are being welded as you read!  Dear Q.  I'll show you the cement garden boxes and our bike track soon.
  • Second emotion:  GUILT.  Maybe not guilt.  Maybe ANNOYANCE!  I'm mad that I can't ever seem to get here to document our lives and our girls like I want to.  Poor baby V.  Annie has so much more to document her first year.  All the more reason to bring on poverty.  It will come with blog time, project time, and most of all, girl time all the time.
At least for now I can remind you not forget Annie's latest:  "What's cook'in Uncle Spud."  or Violet's total hang-on-for-your-life hugs.  Did you know they have the same diameter of thighs and waist?  The best stuff.  The best. More please!

2 comments:

Mindi said...

I can somewhat symphathize (why can't I spell this?? is it even a word??) with you on the whole job bit. We decided that it was time for me to stop working, my last day was last week. And although I know it is the right/best thing to do and I am thankful to not have to leave the kiddos anymore, it's been a very emotional event for me. It's a good thing. Love your blog. Miss ya!

Erika said...

Your backyard sounds amazing. It sounds like a paradise. Some day we may get to the backyard, but it doesn't seem to be in the near future. :) I am glad you get to be home. It's a good place to be! Good luck.