Friday, October 14, 2011

I'm Back Baby! I'm Back!

This is me RIGHT NOW:

Something had to give and, quite depressingly, it was blogging. But I must tell you, this very minute I am enjoying a landmark moment. A moment I have been looking forward to... FOREVER it seems. Definately the whole time since we bought the house, but really longer than that- years in fact. You see, I am sitting in my library, drinking cinnamon hot chocolate loaded with fresh whipped cream. I'm feeling the cool fall breeze through my open windows, smelling fresh cut grass, gazing at little kids riding bikes. All this whilst rededicating myself to my favorite past time ever in the universe: BLOGGING!

I'm back in business baby. I can't tell you the guilt I felt each day I didn't blog... I hate not having the journal and the cataloged photos , all those memories and self reflective digressions lost. I hate not seeing your lives and reading your stories. I feel like I just checked out of life for a while. It's not just me. There's been a serious blogging deficit in my regular circles. Have you been as busy, overwhelmed, and stretched thin as I have? Have you too been hanging on to day-to-day survival with a slowly loosening death grip? I have. No more will blogging get the shaft. I will log my life. in cyberspace. I will play a bit of catch up, and I will find some way to keep up with it all and still do what I want or I swear, I'm quitting my jobs.

So today is my first real MOM day! I've added more classes at the middle school, an extra day of teaching dance in Hurricane, and Annie is a super demanding child. Between grading and cleaning and work work work and Annie, I don't get to do all of those things I thought I would get to do when I became a stay-at-home. Perhaps I should edit the stay-at-home bit. Today I actually do get to stay at home. It's a holiday and for once, we are not going out of town, I will not grade, I don't have work, and my house is pretty clean. I even have clean sheets on the beds and a plan for dinner: Sprouted grain organic meatloaf and homemade vegetable/potato quiche. Yum. (I'll let you know- it is just a plan). This is really living. By 1 pm, I had already been to the store, put the baby down for her nap, and changed back into my pajamas!

Here's the rest of my official mom-day plan:

  • Drill the seats down on all the chairs I finally finished recovering.

  • Finally hang the acrylic frames on the wall and plan family photos.

  • Paint the hardware for our newly refinished hutch and get Q to hang the doors.
TONIGHT:
Prepare a fantastic dinner (sprouted grain meatloaf and homemade quiche)
and then watch Q work on the yard with our neighbor's tractor.

The yard will be a decade in the making. It is an acre of dirt and confusion. Last night Q and Annie realized you can't landscape an acre of land without a big green tractor. Q has been working on it almost everyday since the moment we finished the inside, but it still looks like the surface of the moon to us. The tractor is helping though. A few of our neighbors have taken pity on us and come over with their tractors when they see us working [did you catch that?: We have neighbors who just have tractors in their garages]. We are trying to finish the front yard this year but he's got to move a couple tons of dirt before we can lay cement. Someday it will be fab fab fab. Someday there will be a front porch for watching trick-or-treaters, a bike path for the kids to ride around on without going into the street, grass under the orchard for tea parties, and a swing hanging from the tree.

2 comments:

Alana said...

oh thank you, thank you! you have been worrying me. so glad you are back in the saddle again!!!!! wahooooooooooooooo!!!

Amy said...

I'm so glad your back!! I have been wondering about you!! Yay!