What 1 thing would you grab if a fire hit your house?
Just this week I was telling Q's friend that I know exactly what I would grab in case of a fire and I only had time for Annie and one other thing before the rest of it went up in flames. It would, without doubt, be my amazing camera and lenses. And if I don't have time for all my lenses, I would pick my fabulous portrait lens. I use my Nikon Dslr EVERY single day without fail. It follows me wherever I go and makes my photos look like I almost know what I am doing. It shoots fast so it's a cinch to capture endlessly moving babies and it has all sorts of cool tricks [that I don't know how to use]. I bought it a few years back in anticipation of Annie and it is completely worth the investment.
Annie likes to steal Q's hat off his head and try it on.
Just this week I was telling Q's friend that I know exactly what I would grab in case of a fire and I only had time for Annie and one other thing before the rest of it went up in flames. It would, without doubt, be my amazing camera and lenses. And if I don't have time for all my lenses, I would pick my fabulous portrait lens. I use my Nikon Dslr EVERY single day without fail. It follows me wherever I go and makes my photos look like I almost know what I am doing. It shoots fast so it's a cinch to capture endlessly moving babies and it has all sorts of cool tricks [that I don't know how to use]. I bought it a few years back in anticipation of Annie and it is completely worth the investment.
Annie likes to steal Q's hat off his head and try it on.
Too bad she is sick AGAIN! Ug. The doc looked at me like
I am a crazy paranoid mom who keeps bringing their baby
to the hospital and should just chill and accept that it's another virus.
Obviously the doc hasn't observed Quinn in endless panic mode.
I was POSITIVE it was an ear infection. Nope.
She said there are 6 very strong viruses circulating this year
and to keep Annie out of public until April. Oi.
I am a crazy paranoid mom who keeps bringing their baby
to the hospital and should just chill and accept that it's another virus.
Obviously the doc hasn't observed Quinn in endless panic mode.
I was POSITIVE it was an ear infection. Nope.
She said there are 6 very strong viruses circulating this year
and to keep Annie out of public until April. Oi.
I waited almost 7 months to give Annie anything other than ...do I have to say it out loud?... I want everything she eats to be deliberate and 100% healthy so no rice cereal for her no matter how many times the Doc recommends it. Her first food is avocado and so far she has tried day old farm grown egg yolks (boiled- no whites because they are an allergen), bananas, and apple. She likes to suck on the apple slices but the rest of it she hates. Annie refuses to eat. Fine with me as long as I can keep her going on the other. I'll just keep offering things to her until it clicks and she eats food on her terms. Our next step is sweet potatoes and then sprouted millet from Azure Standard (my rice cereal substitute).
She couldn't believe I was actually letting her hold and keep the apple slice! I wish she could keep hold of the slippy avocado slices as well as the apple. Anyone recognize this bib from our clogging Canada trip way back in the '90's?
It was Meg's.
Technically, this [below] is the first food for Annie.
She detested the swallowing part but loved the mess.
Naturally I took about 1000 photos.
In addition to smiling for photos, Annie will sing on cue. Anytime we sit with her at the piano, she starts singing.
She's also figured out how to play along by hitting the keys.
Matt, Ash, & Lailee were down for a while. It was the best.
I wish they lived here permanently but I'll settle for SLC considering
their jobs could take them anywhere.
I wish they lived here permanently but I'll settle for SLC considering
their jobs could take them anywhere.
Annie is sitting up now. It's terrific. She's gifted.
And there's something else in the works which has me sick with nerves.
I'm positively dying in anticipation. Can't sleep. Can't think of anything else.
We should know on Monday.
I'm positively dying in anticipation. Can't sleep. Can't think of anything else.
We should know on Monday.
3 comments:
On that last small note, I have two guesses. I will wait anxiously until tomorrow. :)
Seriously can't wait to hear the big news. In the meantime, can I just say that sometimes on first glance I see Lailee in these photos...I know, I know you guys say she's quinn...but I see some metcalf in her! She is SO SO cute! And I'm so sad to hear she is sick again! Love the INCREDIBLE pics!
Ooooooh what is it??
And what a cute babe!
Post a Comment