Monday, August 30, 2010

Annie and I

Do you ever just miss New York? I mean REALLY miss New York- like an old boyfriend or a favorite pillow that you accidently left in the Sheraton. Okay- don't freak out, I'm not missing any old boyfriends- but I am missing New York like a break up I never got over. So... Annie and I have been planning our first trip back. We are going to the American Girl store for a Tea Party and a doll (but not in that order- did you know they serve the dolls in their own little chairs with matching dishes?), then I will take Annie shopping at Daffy's and dinner at John's. We will end the night with the Rockettes and turn in at Sea Port. The following morning we will meet up with Quinn and fly to the Atlantis for Christmas. Doesn't it sound perfect? Oh how I can't wait! In the meantime, here is what Annie and I have been doing:

{SCMS: I went back to work less than 2 weeks after Annie was born. The later pic is of me at back-to-school night trying desperately to play down my two new and enlarged hindrances.}


{BATH TIME: This is Annie after her first real bath. It takes two we discovered quite quickly because she is super slippy. She liked it at first but was a bit scared when she realized she had no idea what was going on.}


{THE TWINS: My best friend and cousin had twins a month before I had Annie. We had the same due date. We have been dying to see each other and each others' kids for so long. It was absolutely surreal to be together plus 3! We are so taken aback by the whole awesomeness of it.}


{GRANDMA SHE SHE: QM stayed with us and helped with baby sitting during a CRAZY work week. Annie and QM got along swimmingly and she will be back soon to brush Annie's hair again.}


{FIRST OFFICIAL OUTING: I took Annie to the Pine Valley Fireman's dinner and tested out the UppaBaby Vista 2010 for the first time. It rode like a dream! Annie's always got one foot out no matter what I do. She is so long.}







{MAGIC: Momdom is thee coolest trip I've ever been on. Like a drug or stimulant. No matter how much sleep I loose or how many sickening and jiggly things happen to my body... no matter how much spontaneity I've lost, or money I've spent on hip new gadgets, I KEEP COMING BACK FOR MORE with a huge smile on my face. She is so stinkin' awesome!}



{GENERATIONS: We headed to the cabin after dinner for my Grandma Metcalf's birthday. Annie is the best baby. She never cries, smiles almost on cue, and still has most of her hair (which is really important to me). Plus, she looks like she could be super reflective in the future, like she's contemplating Edward Abbey or Kate Chopin or something... Fine- maybe Kate Chopin is a little twisted for a baby but Ralph Moody at least.}



{TUMMY TIME: Annie is happy. Apparently the woes of life have not affected her yet. The second shot is her first tummy rumble. She liked it.}


{GRANDMA POLLY: My grandma practically raised me so it has been quite a special thing to share Annie with her. She called me with aching arms so I rescued her by bringing Annie to Hurricane last night to abate the pain with a cute little baby. Annie looked and looked at Grandma Polly so intently is was as if they were long lost friends. I know Annie recognized her.}




YOU'RE INVITED
Q is blessing Annie this Sunday
Bluff Street Church
9 am
Brunch to follow


P.S. I've finally stopped calling Annie Bud. I think.

4 comments:

K Worthington said...

Love the post and the pictures! I have been waiting forever for more! I am trying to come down but nobody will come with me, so I have to decide if I want to brave the trip alone with my two little angels! I miss you and Annie!

Sarah Keith said...

Her hair is gorgeous. I knew you would love being a mom. It is the best thing in the world!

Alana said...

FINALLY! I got me some more Annie! We were at the fireman's dinner too and looked and looked for you but we didn't see you guys??? Bummer! She is too cute and you have been out and about more in the first month than I have in the last three+ years. Keep rockin' it, girl!

Ty * April said...

She is such a doll! Congrats on a beautiful (seriously) little girl. So happy for you.
April (Ballard)