Hello All,
Wanted to let you all know we are in Brazil and alive (at least for now). We were both in quite a bit of culture shock for about a day and 1/2. Seriously different here- definitely third world. I keep asking Quinn how he lived like this for 2 years and all he says back is,`I brought my own bedding.` Q´s language is coming right back, you should see him talking to everyone in this crazy foreign tongue. Its not a thing like Spanish´at all- it sounds so European. I can´t believe MY husband speaks a completely other language like it´s nothing. My favorite thing is to take taxii rides and listen to Quinn speak with the driver the whole trip. I don~t care what we had to spend, hearing Q speak portuguese for 17 + days is worth every penny!
You may be pleased to know that Mexicana Air is great. They serve lots of meals and pass out sleeping kits with nice socks and chapstick. Also, there are no regrets what-so-ever in splurging for the upscale hotels. In fact, I would venture to say that the resorts are the only way an American could stay here and live to tell the tale of it. The service is great and the people are so happy all the time.
We have been to Sao Paulo and Manaus and are now deep in the Amazon jungle. We are staying in little huts on stilts in a river and we have a pet alligator that we named carl whom we feed from our porch about 4 feet away. We also have bright red and blue Macaw parrots living in the jungle trees above our swimming pool.
We have sweated off a few pounds but so far, no need for pepto. Shouldn´t have jinxed it though. Tonight we had a mysterious lime drink that was too tantalizing to pass up and we may live to regret it. Tomorrow is pirhana fishing and another jungle treck. The next day we get to see the RIO NEGRA and AMAZON meet, then it~s off to Iguaçu. This may be our only internet access so I suppose we´ll fill you in with all the details when we get back if you want them.
See you in a couple weeks! Feliz Natal!
Quinn and Nicole
PS- we are going through 100% deet like there´s no tomorrow!
Matt, I hope you can forgive me but I just drank out of a pop can with a straw.... I hope we can still be friends...
4 comments:
Hope that Deet works on alligators and snakes. Sounds really fun. Way to go Quinn - the Portuguese was just hiding in there somewhere. Be safe. Be good. Be happy. Love, Mom Hadley
Awww...sounds so cool! The macaws, alligators and huts make for some great visuals! Can't wait to hear more about it!
Wowsers. Sounds a little more exciting than my trip to Target this afternoon. So jealous. I have been thinking of you guys and just imagining what it's like. I can't wait to hear more and see photos. Take lots of them. And stay alive.
i miss q.
dre
Post a Comment