We have booked our plane rides to Brazil!!! It took me about a gazillion hours in front of the comp but I managed to get a great flight over peak times during Christmas for under $700 round trip! Sheesh! We are going for a whopping 2.5 weeks (December 17th-January 1st) with much much thanks to DAN who is taking Quinn's time so he can leave. THANK YOU everyone at Q's work for making this happen for us!
Unfortunately we had to opt out of the Amazon jungle portion of the trip due to the fact that Brazil is HUGE and we simply can't see it all (drat); but we will be going to the areas of Salvador, Sao Paulo, Porto Alegre, and Iguasu.
Advice would be SO helpful if you've been. We want to go sailing, hopefully down the green coast- maybe to Paraty... my dream would be to make it to Fernando de Noronho if we can afford it, and I've heard amazing things about bominhas. Also, we are planning on staying in the Argentina side of Iguazu. TIPS PLEASE! This trip is going to be a monster to plan- especially since we are taking the bugdget version. I'm having trouble finding charters for sailing. Do we drive (rent a car) or fly everywhere???
Come what may, the vacation days are on the map, the plane ride is booked, and we are super excited! You know it's true, after losing a great deal of $$$ (economy)-more than I can bare to say- the only thing that is making me feel better is finally spending some $ on a much needed and long awaited trip!
----------------
P.S. I joined facebook today. I had to have something to do while I was searching flights. GASP, that thing is a black hole!!!

4 comments:
fun and fun. who are you people? who does this? i'll be lucky if i even taste fresh air dec 17- jan 1.
fun for you guys! and that whole facebook thing...after you spend a good 47 hours on it in the next 3 days, you'll get over it.
That is very exciting. Unfortunately no tips coming from this end because we've never ventured down that way. I am already sad that you'll be gone over Christmas and New Year's.
Jordan is in Brazil right now for 10 days with her hubby. Ask her for tips, I am sure she will blog about it.
Post a Comment