Thursday, January 31, 2008

New Game Plan

I've decided to become a stay-at-home wife. It's true, this whole concept of "childless women leaving work force to manage household" is not an urban myth restricted to the Upper East Side Manhattan social-elite. I too desire to join the ranks of prime-time-pumped, Martha-menaced, semi-detriment-to-society livelihood. Why, I ask you, do I labor day in and day out babysitting a crowd of teens who, for all intensive purposes, disregard reason and manner without reproach? It's like casting pearls before swine when I could be... well, blogging. Throw in a little geneology, some scrapbooking, a few homecooked meals, a clean toilet, and perhaps my stint away from the private sector and public workforce could be justified. So I say to married-almost-30-somethings everywhere: "Do we really need a kid to have an excuse to stay home?" -and- Is this desire for the warp-speed of time that dissipates into black holes and microchasms of unnoticed, under-appreciated productivity to be replace with slow mornings and walks in the park so wrong? I mean, retirement age is subjective... right?

7 comments:

Amy said...

I think its a great idea :) Hey Dan and I have a blog too but I just made it "private" so if you send me your e-mail address I can send you an invite.

Amy said...

oops forgot to tell my e-mail address. Its amyernstrom@yahoo.com

Erika said...

Hmmm, sounds good, only what's wrong with kids too???

Anita said...

I don't really know Erika. . . but I'm with her!

Kelli Eudis said...

Oh Nicole, you crack me up!!

Mindi said...

I'm all for it...especially if that means we all get to see more of you. You really should consider a kid though, they are the best! Love the blog.

carly k said...

As one child-less wife to another...amen.